low grade fever 26 days, swollen glands on collar bone
I had a sore throat, chest congestion, low-grade fever of 100 degrees for 17 days. Thought it was a virus and/or cold. I have always been told that if it isn't gone by 10 days go to your doctor, so i did. He said i had broncitus and prescribed antibotics, zpack. At that time a new symptom appeared, swollen glands on top of my collar bone. I finished the treatment and it had no-effect on this. It didn't stop the fever, or slow down the fatique. I called the doctor back and he ran a general blood test and a mono-spot test and both results were ok.

Now it has been 26 days, of fever and extreme fatigue and swollen glands on top of my collar bone. We don't know what it is, or what is causing it but a virus is my only suggestion and that the mono test is not accurate for this particular strain of the virus. the only thing that seems to help is "REST"

I had about $1000 worth of blood test done three weeks before to check everything because i hadn't been to the doctor in 10 years. all those tests including thyroids, lypids, hormones, came back normal.

I think it is a virus and that it isn't detectable in the mono-spot test.  I also get a sensation of the chills but it is different than any flu chills i have had in the past, it is almost like a vibration all over.  my hands shake my legs shake.. tiny amounts all time. it has never done that before.  the glands above my collar bone have been swollen for over 10 days.. no worse and not really better than the first day they appeared.

i have seen other people post almost the exact same symptoms and spend thousands on tests that all come back inconclusive. so what is next? rest? and hope it goes away on its own?

I am pretty smart and I am out of ideas.

I think it is a virus and that it isn't detectable in the mono-spot test. I also get a sensation of the chills but it is different than any flu chills i have had in the past, it is almost like a vibration all over. my hands shake my legs shake.. tiny amounts all time. it has never done that before. the glands above my collar bone have been swollen for over 10 days.. no worse and not really better than the first day they appeared.

Sorry about that last post i just did. But I have been going through something close to what you have but for 9 months now. I had a low grade fever for 5 months straight.  One thing you should know is dont let the doctors tell you its all in your head or your fine.  You know how you should feel day to day not them.  I had a bunch of blood tests done also and everything came back fine.  But i also waited 4 months to go to the doctor.  I keep hearing from alot of people on this forum to get your EBV levels checked ... It seems to be a more specific test for mono and other things.  You should try and look into it.  And just keep up on forums just like this.  I just hope you have health insurance.  Cuz I dont and its really hard without it.  I just stick it through for now and hope one day ill be fine.  But try to eat better and take sum vitamins That seemed to make my ongoing episodes a lil easier on me.