lump behind ear
I am worried about the lump behind my ear which ive discovered since year 1986. I am now 53 years old and Ive consulted doctors about this.  They said its a parotid gland tumor and is not cancerous.  When i look at the internet about the picture of the parotid gland it is located in front of the ear and not at the back. Please clarify me on this.  The lump is 2 cms in diameter.  In 1986, it was a size of a small pea and is still flat. It is located behid the lower back of my left ear. Thank you very much if you could clarify me on this matter.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is difficult to comment without examination.  Long standing lump behind the ear could be lipoma (localized collection of fat), a cyst, an inflamed lymph node or a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in of nerve and connective tissue). You may not have been sick but local infections like dandruff or dermatitis too can cause a lymph node to swell. Since it has increased in size, you can ask for a CT scan of the lump. In all probability it will be a swollen lymph node. Take care!