Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
lump on base of neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

lump on base of neck

hello,
I am 18 years old and have had a lump on my neck for about three years (Thats when i realized it was there, it could have been there before) it is at the base of my neck and when i stand up straight you can obviously see it. It is hard, feels like my spine curved. Could something be under it?
I have also been diagnosed with psuedotumor cerebri due to increased intracranial pressure, black outs, fainting, and terrible migranes (migraines). But I am wondering if psuedotumor was misdiagnosed? Do you have any idea what the lump could be?
also, i have terrible back pain around the area and under my shoulder blades
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The lump at the base of the neck that is hard could be a lymph node, a cyst, a neurofibroma or harmless collection of nerves and fibers. Since it has been there for three years and not growing, any one of these could be a possibility. However it could also be an abnormal spine curvature if you feel it that way. Please consult a physician and get this evaluated since you also have pain in that area. If a cervical nerve is getting pinched, it will also cause dizziness and headaches.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!