Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
lumps and pain unknown causes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

lumps and pain unknown causes

First of all, about 4 years ago I found a lump under my chin that was painful, so I went to my doctor he did blood work and found my white blood cell count was high so he did more blood work for everything form aids to cancer and couldnt find anythingso he sent me to get a cat scan and ultra sound of under the chin and my thyroid and all that came back with is that my thyroid was slightly emlarged but no problem with it, then i was sent to mouth nose and throat specialist, an allergist an oncoligist and nobody could find anything wrong so i just delt with the pain and left it alone. it was four years later after i had my my third baby i noticed a lump on the back of my left calve and my doctor thought dvt so i have had an ultrasound of the lump three times and they didnt see any blood clot so i thought maybe it was going to be like the one under my chin, so i left it alone, but now five months after the lump on my leg i have a lump by my right rib, one doctor thinks it my liver one thinks it is my gall bladder and one thinks something is wrong with my lymph nodes,but while i was waiting on them to find out which one it was there is now another lump under my right rib and pressure and pain behind my right eye and no one knows what is wrong with me it is very frusterating and scary. Four lumps and pressure behind my right eye, still no one can figure it out. So if any one can think of something i can pass on to my doctors please let me known
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The lumps could be neurofibromas. These are at times tender. Lipomas with bleeding can be painful. These could be lumps of fibromyalgia too. Alternatively they could be lymph nodes or even cancer. Some times hypothyroidism is associated with painful lumps in the body.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Only a biopsy of the lump can diagnose for sure what it is. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
you had commented on my post "lumps and pain unknown causes" well i just got the results back from my unltra sound and they said there isn't any masses or cysts and now i have to get an mri and they also did more blood work and now my white blood count is low and my potassium is also low but isnt low enough to cause a worry, they are at loss they have no idea what is going on with me, where is dr. House when you need him lol, its a tv show. but if you can think of anything else to check please let me know so i can pass it on thanks
lumps of fibromyalgia - what is that? I hadn't heard that you can have lumps with fibromyalgia.  Can you provide more information on this.  I have dealt with nerve, joint, and muscle pain.  One of things that comes with it is i notice lumps in my arms and i am not sure what they are.  
A related discussion, Painful lumps on ribcage was started.