Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
lumps in neck
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

lumps in neck

Hello, I have a couple of small lumps in my neck.  One of them has been there for awhile and my doctor thought it was a lymph node that didn't shrink down after being inflamed.  I have developed a second lump on the other side of my neck that is about the size of a pea and is a little firmer than the first one.  I don't have any colds or obvious infections that would cause this.  

I am an avid weight lifter and workout 5 days a week (have been doing this for over 10 years consistently).  Some of the exercises I do are very heavy and involve the upper back and neck.  Could heavy weightlifting cause strain that would cause small lumps like this to occur?   I have an appt. with my doctor in a week, but after reading about lymph nodes and their causes I am very concerned.