Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
lumps in the ear lobes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

lumps in the ear lobes

My 14 year old son has a lump in each lower ear lobe.  They are very large and the don't move about.  They feel as if they are attached.  He says they don't hurt.  One side is a bit larger than the other as he feels as if it has grown ever so slightly.  Has anyone had this before?  I am sort of concern about this, of course whenever I hear lump I think cancer but of the ear lobe.
Tags: lumps
I have one in my right ear lobe, an have had so for about 3 months now. The earlobe was tender at first, now it's just more of a bothersome thing to me. Get his Doc to check things out.

im going to misspell this horribly but its actually a "subacious gland" that has become enlarged ,there then called "subacious cysts, these glands are all over our bodys and there what dispences the oil we find on our skin,woman see them around there nipples ( you know the little extra bumps) and wind up in the doctor with problems because they find they can squeeze some gue out of them then wonder why theyve swollen up and are hurting,and guys find them in the form of bumps in there "nether regions"this is called "subacious promninence" again misspelled sorry,
anyway when they get clogged they become enlarged,its not really a problem usually they clear on there own NEVER MESS WITH THEM i did and thats why know so much about them (-: by squeezing them you might get a little stuff out (that is supposed to be in there) but it allows for bacteria to get in and infection results, then you have a nasty problem. if you feel something must be done i would suggest keeping the area as clean as possable to help the oils disperse,with the ones on my ear lobes that worked well, guess i wasnt cleaning my earlobes very well,there gone now though.
wow im always really long winded. hope i was helpfull.
I had a small cyst in one of my ear lobes - it didn't hurt - until I kept messing with it - and eventually I messed with it so much - trying to squeeze it that it became infected and I had to have a surgeon cut it out - if that's what it is - tell him not to mess with it - it will make it worse.  Also, mine was hard and unmovable as well.  take care
Thank you for your responses they help.  I probably will have them looked at just for my sons peace of mind, they drive him crazy.  He has OCD and aniexty disorder so this doesn't help.