lung problem?
I've used a CPAP for 30 years and have just learned that the alveoli in my lungs no longer expand and contract as I breathe.  A respiratory therapist suggested this could be due to Asbestosis, as I was exposed to a lot of asbestos 40 years ago.  No diagnosis yet.  I was wondering if long-term CPAP use could also make the lungs less flexible.  until a few months ago, I used a first generation CPAP that does not adjust as I breathe. Is there any treatment to help restore flexibility to alveoli?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There is no treatment to cure inelastic alveoli. The treatment is usually supportive: oxygen therapy, bronchodilators, chest percussion, physiotherapy etc. CPAP machine may cause lung alveoli damage if high peak airway pressures are used. Please consult a chest specialist and get this evaluated. Take care!