lungs hurt
every time i breath my lungs hurt...been hurting for a few months.. some days it hurts more then others. and my back has been hurting the same amount of time... doctor told me i do not have pneumonia.. i also dont smoke... please help
Did the doctor confirm using an xray you don't have pneumonia? Do you have a cough? There is something called pleurisy which can hurt your lungs when you breathe, but both pneumonia and pleurisy are accompanied by a cough. Behind your lungs are your kidneys, is it possible that when you breathe your lungs are hurting your kidneys? Therefore it would feel like your lungs hurting but it's not. Just an idea if the doc is ruling out lung problems.
Is it hard to get a breath? Is it like you are breathing through a straw? Iam thinking if it is hard to get a breath maybe it is asthma? I wonder also about exposure to TB? I agree that they should have gotten a chest Xray and TB skin test.
mkh9
she did the oxygen test and said im getting enough oxygen. so it cant be pneumonia. i do not have a cough.its not hard to breath. i had a TB test last year it was negative. should i get another one? i havent been anywhere that i could really be exposed. my lungs just feel so tired and achey and they just hurt. i have asthma but im not wheezing and i dont need my inhaler..  
:(
Hi Mary607,
Well, you don't have the symptoms of TB really unless you have a cough and night sweats and fatigue.  It may just be the asthma with some inflammation. It may just be a virus. There are a lot weird viruses this year that hang on and have symptoms that come and go. If you get a fever and/or cough or if you feel a sharp pain when you breath in, or yellow or green sputum then revisit your doctor. Sorry I can't be help at this point.
mkh9
no i dont have any of that. but thank you for trying to help!! my doctor has no idea either... guess i will just wait and see what happens