Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
lyme disease?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

lyme disease?

Hi, I was bit by a tick 2 years ago. I had a circle donut shaped rash at the site of the bite which did not hurt or itch it
was warm to the touch.  I started getting sick around 2 weeks after the bite with flu like symptoms.  My lymph nodes began swelling around the first month.  I started having attacks resembling a stroke.  I have every test known to man  my blood does show infection.  I have had shocking sensation in my extremities and severe tremors on occasion.  when they stop it is like I have done hundreds of sit ups.  My eyes started to do this weird symptom. You know how a camera with an auto focus  has a hard time zeroing on something and goes back and forth well my eyes did this all day.  I have low vitamin D , B12, Iron, and Folic acid.  My IFE test shows all with in normal range except the IGG which is low.  I have fallen due to balance issues and have fainted.  I was put on acetazolimide which took the swelling in my brain away and I have not passed out since.  I have very short term memory.  I feel foggy all the time.  3 weeks ago I was urinating blood clots.  My doctor said my lymph nodes were swollen due to me having 3 small children.  I get this itch on occasion that drives me crazy. Not to mention I am constantly thirsty and get many bruises (my platelets are dropping on every cbc test).  I feel cold all the time.  If I put them under cold water they burn bad.  I have had donut shaped rashes in addition to the original rash at the site of the bite.  My joints hurt and seem to move the wrong direction they pop on those days.  The base of my head and behind my right eye feels swollen.  My doctor put me on doxycycline hyclate 100mg for two weeks for lyme disease.  I feel like this is not adequate time and he refuses to run the western blot test.  I tested neg for the Elisa but expected that.  What do you think i should do? I am gradually getting stupid. It scares me and it seems like my dr won't listen or maybe she don't believe me.  Makes me want to go to a highly infected tick area and let a couple go in her office. Then maybe she could empathize with me.  The he dr is my MD and the she is my neurologist.  But seriously what would you do?  I forget if I take pills seconds after I take them, I drive places and don't remember how I got there. It scares me.

This discussion is related to Please Help: dizzy/electrical in head, dizzy, fatigue, tinnitus, eye discomfort.
I was recently tested for lyme because of some of my symptoms and I'm guessing that is what is wrong with me. I get the same neuro symptoms you describe. IT is starting to actualy affect my work. I know a pretty good deal of information about lymes....granted I'm no expert though....to know that 2 weeks is not nearly enough time to be on the Doxy. It is also too low of a dose.

My suggestion would be to find another doc...preferably one that specializes in lyme asap! My MIL battled with chronic disseminated lyme for several years and I researched a good amount of info on it. I have an appointment with one but that isn't until several weeks from now but I strongly urge you to seek out a LLMD (lyme literate MD).

Good luck!
I am not a doctor, but it does sound like Lymes Disease. Textbook actually. Either way, when one doctor's answer does not satisfy you, go to the next. Some doctors have their own agendas. Make your own.
My daughter had lyme disease twice.  Both times she presented in a way that the doctors did not completely agree were symptoms.  Both times she had it.  First was hives, circular rash that would come and go and flu symptoms.  She also had sharp pains at the base of her head.  The first time they took the bloodwork, they did not interpret it right.  Since she kept having symptoms I went back and then it showed but I went to an infectious disease specialist.  Several years later she was lethargic and achy and the doctor thought it was hormones or mono.  My gut said lyme and I was right.  Go with your gut and if you can find an infectious disease doctor, try that route.
p.s.  Don't lymph nodes swell when one is fighting an infection?