lymph node behind ear swollen for years now
i have a lymph node behind my ear that has been swollen for at least 3 years now. i never really worried about it until i started getting shooting pains from the node to my head. about 2 months ago i went to the doc to see if she could shed some light on the topic. she put me on antibiotics and sent me on my way. the antibiotics didnt help at all and then i noticed that i had another node swelling just above the other. i went back to the doctor and she sent me to get an ultra sound. all the ultra sound told me was that they were in fact swollen lymph nodes and that there were actually three. she said that they look benign. the doctor told me to wait a couple of months and go back to see her if they dont go down. well it's been a couple of months. the node that has been swollen for years now is still swollen but doesnt seem to be getting any larger. the other seems to be growing very slowly. has anyone else had swollen nodes for years? i dont get how i can be seemingly healthy and have these swollen lymph nodes for years.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A swollen lymph node behind the ear that persisted for so many years could be due to dandruff in hair, eczema, dermatitis, infection in ear. If the stimulation persists so does the lymph node. Many a times, it persists without reason too.
Consult a skin specialist to rule out the above on the scalp acting as a stimulation for the growth of the lymph nodes.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hi, I am not going to be as helpful as th doctors but I'll tell you I have had a swollen neck for a year and a half now it makes me sick, dizzy I can't work it is driving me crazy and no one can tell me what is wrong I know your pain I just want it to go away.
i forgot to mention that i get dizzy a lot as well. not just from standing up too fast. the spells could last minutes or hours making me very nausiated and followed by a headache. im going to try to make it back to the doctor this week. thanks for the reply