metallic taste
I take bloodpressure meds. and iron pills because im anemic but this week my bloodpressure pills have been icreased now i have a metallic taste in my mouth and no amount of brushing will take it away. I had a gastric bypass 10yrs. ago but now i have a constant burning in my stomach and it hutrs to eat anything so now i also take nexxum. the did a blood test and found a bacterial infection in my stomach so now i also take antiboitics 2 different kinds at the same time.What should i do?
Welcome to the forum!
In your case metallic taste can be due to GERD or medicines (both BP medicines and antibiotics). Common medicines that have metallic taste as side effect are antithyroid drugs, captopril, griseofulvin, lithium, penicillamine, procarbazine, rifampin, vinblastine, and vincristine.
It can also be due to dental caries, sinusitis causing post nasal drip, salivary glands infection, pharyngitis or strep infection, vitamins and antidepressants, poor oral hygiene, copper or lead toxicity and Sjogren’s syndrome.  See if any of these causes are present also.
OK here are a few tips for you. Try them. They should help. Have citrus juices, lemonade and foods marinated in vinegar. They help in washing away the metallic taste by producing more saliva. Brush your teeth and your tongue with a tongue cleaner at least twice in a day and surely at bedtime. It will help in lessening the metallic taste. Vit C tablets, over the counter oral mouthwashes will help fight the taste.

If it is due to antibiotics, it will go when you stop the medicines. If it is due to BP medicines you will need to change the prescription. It could also be due to GERD not under control. If symptoms persist still, talk to your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!