Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
middle back pain and arm, left side, fatigue

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Though it's been over 20 years since I had a pneumothorax (collapsed lung) on the left side, I've experienced on and off for that long, an aching and sometimes searing pain in my middle back/chest, on the left side.  In recent weeks, the pain has been mostly a dull ache, which has also spread to my left arm, and at times, it reaches my leg on that side. Taking a deep breath is achy, but not overly painful.  Movement or stretching is what aggravates it the most, but at times, while just sitting (in a car, at my desk, anywhere) it aches. This is also sometimes a problem when trying to sleep - just laying down is sometimes uncomfortable.  I've also experienced a great deal of fatigue, waking up after 8 hours and still feeling tired, getting a bit of a second wind, but then by the end of the workday, feeling exhausted again.  My doctor has advised everything from seeing a chiropractor - which I will NEVER do again, that made it worse and frankly, the "adjustments" they perform scare the hell out of me - to trying yoga (not much help there either).  I don't really know where to turn or have any idea what this might be, or if it's just getting older (I'm 45) and will have to live with it.