migraine and temples pulsating
I have bad headaches often. Its almost like a dull numb ache, very painful. I can also feel my temples pulsating and when I put my fingers on my temples I can feel them pulsating very easily( and they are very fast) HELP!
Hi, I'm sorry... I know the terrible pain of headaches... do you take anything for them?  Preventative meds?  How often to do get them?  What does your doctor say?

Generally speaking (an I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express :-) the pulsing you feel when you get the headache could be attributed to your blood pressure... Kinda like when someone says the have a "pounding" headache... the mean it quite literally cause it's 'beating" to their heart rate.

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Temple pain can be due to high blood pressure. Headaches and pain in temple area can be due to loud music. Another possibility is migraine triggered by loud noise. Tension headaches due to stress too affect the temple area.
Temporal arteritis, internal ear infection, TMJ and tooth decay can all cause a temple pain.
Infection in the eye, glaucoma, near and far sightedness and sinusitis are the other causes.
Since there are  pulsations at the temple it could be due to increased blood pressure. Temporal arteritis is another possibility. Tension headaches too cause a bulging vein at the temple with headaches. First of all get your blood pressure checked. If this is high, then this needs to be controlled. Tension headache is often diagnosed by the symptoms alone. Keep a headache calendar, how the symptoms started, how they progressed, what medication you took and how and when they disappeared.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Take care!