Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
mono relapse???

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

mono relapse???

I had mono at least ten years ago - I had it for about a year.  It wasn't horribly severe, started out with the swollen neck glands, maybe a sore throat (can't remember), and was very tired after work.  Anyway, it wasn't a bad case.  My question is, if I had a relapse now, what could I expect to see in my blood work as far as numbers go?  Like, which numbers would be expected to be higher or lower?  AND would my symptoms be the same as before, or worse, or is it one of those it's different for everyone things?  Just trying to figure out what's been plaguing me lately!!!  Thanks!
Avatar n tn
I just finished up 7 months of mono.  Horrible stuff!  I don't know about a relasp or what it would look like, but I would think your antibody levels (especially the one that shows the disease is begining again) would be high just like when you first had it.  You would probably also feel very tired and run a low-grade fever.  I ran one for the entire 7 months.  

If you antibody levels are out of the range, you probably have something going on there.

Avatar n tn
7 months of mono? That actually makes me feel better. I'm going on around five months, and it's gotten really old. Looking online rarely helps, because most sources say it should be done by two or three months, but having talked to acquaintances who have had it, I've heard anything from four months to a year to get completely over it.

Honestly it's not nearly as bad as it was right before I was diagnosed (I wouldn't call the fatigue I'm having now "severe" but it is annoying), but the fact that it's just hung on for five months is frustrating.
Avatar n tn
Did you get your vitamin D levels checked?  I was severly low with the mono.  Deficent is around 30 and I was a 6.  My doctor getting me on prescription vitamin D really helped my fatigue.  If you haven't gotten tested for this, I would.  I really helped me.  
Avatar n tn
Thanks a lot for the advice! I'll check it out.
Avatar n tn
i got mono about 3 years ago and i got a horrible case of it, it only lasted about 3 weeks but for those 3 weeks i couldnt move, couldnt eat, couldnt swallow. Two days ago my neck started feeling a little swollen on my left side under my ear and then the next day its progressed to my lymph nodes on my left groin, they're not too swollen but are painful when pressure is on them. I've also been more tired then usual these past few days, my throats a little sore and i have a funny taste in my mouth, could i be relapsing on mono?