Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
mouse bite

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

mouse bite

i got bitten by a field mouse today and want to know how serious it could be? it wasnt a deep bite it just pierced my skin on the side of my hand but it did bleed a little. what could happen if i dont get a tetnus?
I think you should go and see you GP and explain the problem or just insist that you get a tetnus vaciccine / A private doctor could sort that out for you.
I dont' know, yet if it were me i'd probably get a titnus shot. sorry can't spell. mice are very dirty animals and transfer diseases.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The only serious consequences can be infection and rat bite fever (rare).  Hence it is important to keep the wound clean, take anti tetanus and a course of antibiotics. Please talk to your doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!