moving bump
I have a pea size bump, right in the middle of the top of my hand.  It moves back and forth when my middle finger is moved.  It is hard, not painful, and has been there for over a year.  It seems to be attached to the tendons in my hand, very strange.  What in the world is it?
I had one, my daughter had one also, both on our hand above the wrist, they are just cysts, they are not harmful in anyway...The doctor offered to remove mine just because it bothered me, but I declined.  Hers went away on its own after about 3 months, and mine went away after about 2 years.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The mobile pea sized lump could be a ganglion. This can arise due to repetitive use of joint or due to rheumatoid arthritis or sometimes without a cause too. It is usually a swelling in the tendon of a muscle. This is harmless and usually does not cause symptoms and should be left as such.
Hope this helps. Take care!