multiple strep infections in preschooler
My four year old daughter has been diagnosed 3 times since the new year with strep throat.  She has been given antibiotics twice and we do see some mild improvement, but then the symptoms come back full force.  She runs a low grade fever, head ache, sore throat, ear pain, lethargic, stomach pain, strawberry tongue.  The last time I insisted on blood work and throat cultures.  A rapid strep had been used in the past.  The doctor said that "something" was amiss in blood work but didn't go into detail.  She seems to be a bit better today, but she is sleeping about 15-16 hrs a day.  She also has asthma, but it is in check at the moment.  She also breaks out on her face for no apparent reason a red rash, sometimes accompinied with blister like spots.  They do go away with Benadryl.  Help!!! my doc thinks I'm crazy I think
Hello

I beleive a rash can be brought about by strep.  But you can always go to another doctor like a dermatgoligst to see what type of rash it might be.  Also as for being diganosed with strep, my niece had strep throat for months on and off going off and on antibotics.  My sisters doctor made everyone in the house get tested for strep.  My brother in law was tested positive.  As soon as his strep throat cleared up my niece did not get it again it finally went away.  My sister was also told to wipe down everyithing with a water/mild bleach solution cleaning door handles etc.  Not to say a year or so later she never got strep again, but the problem of it being ongoing for months was taken care of once my broterinlaw cleared is strep infection up.  Hope this helps.
Thank you-- we did get the results of her throat cultures and no Strep  Yay!!  The doc now believes that it is mono... thank you mom for the research.  It can present itself as strep and takes a long time to clear up.  There is no real treatment except rest.  Thank you