Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
muscle tightness on the right side of my neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

This weird sensation started out on the right side of my neck which comes and goes.  It's hard to describe as it isn't so much "pain" as it is annoying.  Right where the pulse is on the right side of my neck, if I were to press on it I'd get extremely dizzy to where I could pass out.  NOW, on and off on the right side of my neck it feels as if the muscle is tightening and on occasion my right arm starts tingling.  
Back in February I was told I had emphysema and not until the following June I was told it wasn't emphysema, it was asthma.  Big difference in the outlook on life.  I'm now on anxiety med. (buspar) because of being depressed for 4 months thinking I couldn't be cured, having 2 young children I was devastated. I'm also on Singular for my asthma.  I do have many symptoms of anxiety I just don't know if what's going on with my neck could be something totally different.  
Welcome to the forum!
There is a chance that what you press is the sternocleidomastoid muscle. This is the muscle that comes into prominence on the side of neck when you turn your head. If you have TMJ and you press on this nerve, you can get dizziness, especially if the muscle is inflamed and the inner ear is involved.
Also if you press on the carotid artery, by applying a little more pressure than necessary, you can get dizziness.
The third possibility is compression of the cervical spinal nerves, which can cause dizziness, especially if you press on the nerve that is being compressed.
Please discuss this with your doctor.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
my main concern is muscle  tightness that comes and goes on the right side of my neck and along with that the tingling feeling I get in my right arm.  All this started about a week ago.