muscle weakness and shakes
My husband (43) has been experiencing lumbar back pain along with muscle weakness and fatigue (perhaps agrivated by the pain?).  He is very shaky on his feet and, when tired especially (which happens quite easily) experiences tremors or shaking in the legs, arms and occassionally head (For the arms at least these seem to be mostly postural but he has resting tremors when he is really tired or in intense pain until he can relax).  This started about 6 weeks ago.  He had been on Pravachol (for about 4 years)and Prozac (actually the generic equivelent and that dose had been increased about 6 weeks before symptoms started with treatment starting about 4 months ago).  He stopped the Pravachol about a month ago in case it might be a statin reaction.  He just stopped the Prozac 4 days ago as it can cause tremors.  

Meanwhile his primary doctor sent him to a spine specialist.  He does have some disk herneation in the lumbar region, but she does not feel it is sufficient to be causing the weakness and tremors.  He really can't work in this condition--walks like an 8o year old with a cane because his legs get so shaky.  We have an appointment with a neurologist at the end of the month, but I can't help wondering if this could still be a statin problem, and the uncertainty is killing me.  Any ideas?
These ideas are scary, but Parkinsons Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP) are all diseases that can cause these symptoms. A neurologist is your best choice in my opinion. Good luck, and keep us posted.