Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
musty sweat odor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

musty sweat odor

Hi.  I'm in my late 30s and I have one of those strange foot odors which gives off this nasty, musty,chemically sensation.  There is a pungent smelling sweat and all this worsens when my foot is in contact with shoes and with the carpet.  My co-workers felt this could be best described as something that was wrapped up with a wet towel and the odor spreads and permeates throughout the room.  I've been told by my co-workers that they know this is me.  My kids also complain about tickles in their noses that it's become very uncomfortable.  Most people when they get close to me either rub their nose, because it 'tickles' their noses or coughes... whatever the smell is also bothers my own nose that it's almost like i've been smelling it for too long... my nasal passages are dry and slightly bloody (i don't scratch at it... it's just bloody), and at times it sits in my throat and it feels like a small sore throat.

Has this happened at been diagnosed in any other similar cases?  And if so, what were the diagnoses for these cases?  

I go to the bathroom a lot but tested negative for any urinary tract issues, and all of my lab tests during my last checkup about a year and a half ago were all normal.

Any suggestions, answers would be helpful.  Thank you.

Have you been tested for a fungal infection?

If you suspect fungal and don't want to take or can't afford medicine there are many alternatives listed on the Internet.  Some suggest garlic, caffiene, sodium bicarbonate and lemon in water, and much more.

A lot of doctors don't like to treat fungus and will refuse to give proper medication such as Diflucan, which I think is about the safest medicine as far as adverse affects, when it can be a simple remedy.  They don't like to test sometimes, either.  

Best of luck!
I agree with Sunny911, it sounds like a fungal infection. Could be as simple as athletes foot, or it could be an infection in your toe nail beds. There are herbal remedies for fungus which can be found online. Have you tried soaking your feet in epsom salt?
If ur problem is really related to ur feet not urinary.
then acco. to me u may have the problem of more seceation of ammonia in ur sweat.it occurs in sm people bt rare.
first aid solution is the, if u rins ur feet in hot water not so hot,for 10 min.before sleeping.
it will help u.u can add some common salt to water.or u can rub ur feet with lemon peel.it will surely help.
Thanx
Although perspiration is basically odorless, it can take on an unpleasant smell when it comes into contact with bacteria on your skin. Most often, it's the bacterial breakdown of apocrine sweat that causes a strong odor.

Unhealthy personal hygiene, fungal infections, overweight, eating spicy foods and Diabetes are found to be responsible in most cases. The underlying cause needs to be identified first. Remove your underarm hair. Keep the area dry by using a talcum powder. Have a healthy and nutritious diet and maintain good personal hygiene. Add few drops of savlon to the water you use for bathing. Use an antiperspirant deodorant. Wash your clothes in warm water.
If the symptoms persist then get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done to rule out any fungal infection.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.