Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
my big toe on my right foot feels numb

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

my big toe on my right foot feels numb

Im an 18 year old girl.  I just got a job as a waitress (while going to high school full time). After waitressing and cleaning (this includes mopping and everything else) for more than five hours I got home.  When I was getting ready for bed I realised that my big toe on my right foot felt numb.  It is still feeling like this after a day.  It doesnt feel like pins and needles and it is not discolored. I can still have feeling in it. What can be the cause of this and is there anything I could do to help it.  also the rest of my foot feels like it may be going numb a little bit, but not as much as my toe
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If after a full time school, you are doing this job, it is really commendable. Wear comfortable shoes or footwear that does not put pressure on specific points of the foot. Avoid putting pressure on one foot while standing. It could be unaccustomed fatigue. Dip your legs in warm water and see if it helps. Try a warm oil massage. If still the symptoms persist it could be due to nerve compression some where—say the back at the lumbo-sacral spine level. Then you will need to consult a neurologist.
Hope this helps. Take care!

Avatar n tn
I had the same thing a few years back and it lasted months!  My big toe was numb.  A pinched nerve...
Both of my feet use to feel the same way with an exception of all fingers on foot. I would wear shoes that i thought i was comfy in... but, when i'd get home my feet would hurt so much that i'd have to put them in hot water.

It is possible that your shoes can be hurting you. Try finding work shoes for your specific job title. I go to "SAS" ... i know it's old lady shoes but trust me, they are really comfy specially when you work in a restaurant.

I know it isn't much help but hopefully i helped out a little. =)