Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
my calves feel like they are popping out of place

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I've been experiencing some pretty difficult pain for quite some time in my calves. It is so painful, it sometimes takes my breath away. I guess the best way to explain what I feel is that perhaps my calves/muscles/tendons, maybe even tissue, I don't even know, pops out of place during a stretch! My reaction to it when it happens is to rub it profusely & can get what ever it is, back in place! It is painful as heck! Then, it is so hard to walk the next day, and I am fearful to have even a teency bit of a stretch in fear that it will happen again! It mostly occurs over night while I'm sleeping, but has happened during the day, and that's only because it happened prior that night. It occurs about once, or twice a month & have found usually after a day of being on my feet, from working, walking, or a physical activity from the day! Today my left foot & ankle is swollen, which is a new symptom after it happening last night. I have tried wrapping my calves in an ace bandage wrap trying to keep what ever it is coming apart, together! I am planning a doctor visit soon, but have been seeking info via the internet to see if I'm the only one experiencing this and what has been done to help! And so far, not one bit of luck! What is causing this? =(
Tags: sleeping, Pain, help, out of place
I finally broke down & went to the hospital, the ER to be exact! The docotr new what it was right away & said she hadn't seen a case so severe as mine. The swelling of the foot & ankle were kind of throwing her off. After the painful rubbing on the knot that still remained on the back of my calve she gave me a diagnosis of severe Charley Horses! Due to total lack of calcium and potassium, I develop this spasm that most commonly happens at night in the calve area that causes that muscle to tense up into a ball upon flexing my leg, pointing my toes, or just giving a good stretch. If the added potassium & calciium doesn't take care of the issue, there are also some neurological issues that could be occuring, most commonly found in the back, possibly the stomach, & in the leg areas them selves that can trigger the spasm thru stretches as I lay down at night with pinched nerves & such.
Um, this forum is for jaw joints. You may get more answers posting in a different forum.
Thank you so much for posting this. The same thing has happened to me. About twice over the last six weeks. I've researched charley horse and  I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It happened to me overnight too and I've been really worried. I have bad circulation in my legs so i know this contributes to it as well. I'll wait to see what my doctor says but I feel so much better knowing its not just me getting this.
I know your comment was a while back but just want to say thanks!.. Ive been going through the same thing and no one can help me.  I will tell my doctor on my next visit this Monday and hopefully get some relief!