Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
my right side of my ribs hurt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

my right side of my ribs hurt

My right side of my ribs hurt and when ever I breathe my lower right side of my ribs hurt. If I move or lay down or sneeze and laugh, it feels like someone is stabbing me really hard between my ribs. I want to go to the doctor and ask whats wrong with me. But I do not have health insurance, I am only 15 and if I ask my dad to go to the ER he will be very mad. Does anyone know if this is bad. I missed so much school and I really can not miss much more. So can anyone tell me whats wrong with me ribs. Can I possibly die from this. I am really scared. Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with me. My dad keeps telling me it is growing pains. I did not hurt myself yesterday. I think I possibly stretched backward in class and ripped a muscle near my ribs. I am sorta anarexic, and I weigh 120 pounds. IS THIS BAD. CAN ANYONE TELL ME.
Try looking up costochondritis and see if you don't think this could be your problem.  I recently had a bout with this on the right side.  The treatment I was told to get, once they ruled out gall bladder and liver problems, was anti inflammatory medication.  I took it cyclically for a few days and tried to be careful about the area and improved.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning and deep breathing goes more in favor of costochondritis, which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. Heat compress and analgesic gels also help. However do not take oral pain medications if you have acidity.
If you have heart burn, food or acid coming to mouth or a burning sensation in stomach, then this pain can also be due to duodenal ulcer. Treatment is a combination of drugs to reduce the acid and lifestyle changes. You will need to change a couple of medications or take a combination of medications like a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole,  lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning and an antacid gel after meals for complete relief. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones.
It can also be a liver problem but less likely.
If possible go to a walk in clinic and get this investigated. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!