Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
mysterious red lines or scars on stomach and left side of body

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

lately I have noticed red lines that look like scars from inside my stomach area.  The first one started out on my left side and is about 2 inches long.  Then a second one just to the right of my belly button.  And now a third one on my right side in about the exact opposite spot from the first one.  They cause absolutely no pain so I have not seen a doctor yet.  Does anyone have any idea of what this is?
If you do not think they are stretch marks (they do sound like it), look up morphea,
Avatar n tn
Do they look like stretch marks at all?
Sounds like stretch marks to me. They can look like "red lines" how old are you? If you are growing that would explain why they are showing up.
Do they look like these?
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/PhotoAlbum_RashBart.html

(Click on next slide for more pics.)

Carol
Avatar n tn
are u also gaining alot of weight in ur mid section?
google cushings symdrone!!!
shyan
Avatar n tn
Sounds like Scleroderma Morphea.  That's how I started getting it.  Both Sides of the stomach.  Top of my thighs, a few on the sides of my breasts.  See a dermatologist and have it biopsied to be sure.  Get fast treatment (look into phototherapy and Devonex Cream) to minimize the damage, if your doctor agrees and it is morphea.  It has really helped me.