Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
mystery aches/pains??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

mystery aches/pains??

Okay here goes...first I apologize for a long post...

I am a 30-39yr old woman, overweight but by all test results (CBC, lipid panel, etc.) healthy - doctor calls me a healthy obese...I have never broken a bone, nor have I had any serious illness except one case of scarlet fever (mild) and flu (intense, but more than 5 yrs ago).

January of 2011 my car died and I had to push it into a neighboring car lot...felt fine until I got up in the morning...tried to work through the pain but March gave up and saw doc who ordered x-rays and an MRI...primary doc 1 never got back to me on the results, the orthopedist that I was sent to stated that she saw degenerative discs and two (2) bulging discs...no arthritis...(when primary doc got back to me on tests, she saw no bulging simply stated arthritis...went to chiropractor and physical therapy with no help and was they sent to a pain management doc...pain management doc tried two different injections, again with no help and so apologized and wrote me a script for pain meds (did I mention that they don't really help either)...orthopedist then sent me to surgeon who stated he saw no need for surgery... meanwhile knee started giving out on me on the stairs and intense pain...orthopedist sent me for x-ray and MRI saw bone cysts/tumors so had me get a nuclear bone scan and an appointment with a ortho oncologist who proceeded to simply state it was because of my weight (before even seing my films) and then stated didn't see anything and just do simply exercises - while acting like I was taking up his time for nothing....meanwhile hip started causing me problems and now can not walk up stairs withou any guarantee that the leg will give out...also have to walk with the cane as my balance is now horrible...

anyone have any idea, or gone through anything like this....also appetite is lacking, nausea is horrible at times, and seem to have low grade fevers at intermittent times through the day....docs have done bloodwork...MRIs...even colonoscopy and endoscopy and no help....need to go back to work, but can not guarantee when the pain will require the pain med (at least takes edge off so it's bareable) yes...I know I am a "big" person...but after prior to this never had problem with any part of my body and as stated before...all tests done showed I was 100% healthy except for the number of the scale...:(
degnerative discs can come in all different levels of severity and can cause a great deal of pain. buldging discs are worse because they can interfere with motor skills, ie weakness in the legs... i wouldnt be suprised if you seriously hurt your back pushing the car. added weight does also put a lot of stress on the spine... tumors on the spine can also cut of the nerves ability to communicate with the body (my mom had that) spondolosis of the spine can also do this though it is a slower process. have the ruled out lupis? its an immuno deviated disorder where your body literally starts attacking its sellf, and it is extremely painful , and sometimes when you injur a part of your body the lupis will actually attack it instead of letting your body heal. it can also cause nausea and fevers. i would get a second opinion from an orthopedist a nurologist and a rheumatologist. if it is lupus they may refer you to other dr's as well. but dont let the doctors your seeing just say there is nothing wrong.... pain and weakness and intermintent fevers are not normal... its a pain but you need to keep looking for answers.
just another thought. scarlet fever can have long term effects effecting your heart and joints... maybe another possible suspect?
I just wanted to add that injuries/ailments like what you have can also cause a pain disorder called Fibromyalgia. Your symptoms sound the same as mine, and I have had this now for almost 5 yrs.
thought that with fibro the pain was on both sides???.. how did your doctor diagnose...seeing doc soon as there is another issue that may be tied in to everything...growth in mouth - not cysts or canker sore, or at least I don't think either as no pain and no feeling of fluid....
sorry...thought I had posted before, but guess it didn't "keep"...heart is fine...two months ago had to have complete workup including a chemical stress test that I would not wish on my enemies...thank you for agreeing that this is not normal...just getting acknowledged helps...lupus??? I know that the one neurologist tested for lyme and I have basically become a pin cushion (ha ha),,,but will definitiely (?) speak with her about this...