Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
mystery illness...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

mystery illness...

Hi there...hope someone out there is able to help. My husband is 36 and has been battling an ongoing "mystery illness" for almost 3 years now. It comes and goes. His most notable symptoms are excessive sweating, when I say excessive, I mean he looks completely drenched! , fatigue and frequent urination (sometimes he will stand there for 10 minutes trying to go). He had a kidney operation as a child and at first, we thought that it was Nephritis or perhaps some sort of prostate problem. He has been to the Urologist and aside from excess protein in his urine and minor swelling of the prostate, she says he's fine! 3 years ago when this first started, he had all sorts of tests and x-rays and nothing!

Most recently, he has had intense pain and swelling in his testicles. The same urologist said it was "Epiditimitis" and put him on antibiotics. She says bacteria can settle in the scrotum and cause this condition. Two weeks later, the swelling and pain were so intense we went to the ER. They did a testicular ultrsound and said it all looked fine...even the epiditimitis was non existent. Once again...no diagnosis.

At this point I'm thinking that some sort of infection is running through his body and is sometimes dormant and sometimes active. I'm thinking we need to have him tested for the following: Mononucleosis, Extrapulmonary Tuberculosis and Diabetes. I'm actually thinking of taking him in for one of those body scans too. Can anyone relate with any of these symptoms?
Put this question into the Doctor Forum
Your husbands mystery illness is sensityvity to genetically modified foods such as soy,corn and canola. Also he should avoid all vegetable and fruits sprayed with fungicide azoxystrobin.
Sounds like diabetes
Thanks for writing to the forum!
“The cause of primary hyperhidrosis is unknown, although some surgeons claim that it is caused by sympathetic overactivity.
However, anxiety can exacerbate the situation for many sufferers. A common complaint of patients is that they get nervous because they sweat, then sweat more because they are nervous. Other factors can play a role; certain foods & drinks, nicotine, caffeine, and smells can trigger a response (see also diaphoresis).”  Refer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis#Cause
Endocrine gland related conditions like hyperthyroidism, acromegaly and glucose control disorders all result in increased sweating. Pheochromocytoma, cancers, carcinoid syndromes, tuberculosis and other infections too can cause increased sweating. You can also read through : http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007259.htm
It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please discuss this with your doctor and get your husband investigated accordingly.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!