Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
neck pain, throat pain, base of skull tenderness, strangulation feeling...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

neck pain, throat pain, base of skull tenderness, strangulation feeling in neck

I have had chronic pain in my neck since June 2008. The chronic pain in my neck turned spread to my head causing head pressure headaches. I got a LP and the head pressure headache and neck pain subsided temporarily. Now, since August I have had neck pain, headpressure, pain and tenderness at the base of my skull, throat pain, my carotid artery buldges out, and I have a strangulation feeling in my neck all the time. It seems to get worse after sitting up and also when I lean forward or lean backward too much. I feel best laying down and sometimes the lorazepam that I am taking takes the edge off a little. I have been to 4 different neurologist, my gp, a ENT and no one has a diagnosis. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am sooooooo frustrated with the medical field. I wish it would all go away.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
I read through the post, and entirely based on your symptoms, I feel you could be having ‘post dural headaches’ or ‘occipital neuralgia’. Please refer: http://www.obanaesthesia.org/webdocs/SPDPH.htm
http://www.usdoctor.com/occipt1.htm
I would feel the post dural headaches are closest to your symptoms, if there is change in intensity of headache  with position and you noticed this change after your LP. Then earlier you had cervical spondylosis and based on the level of your problem could have been due to pincing of ‘occipital nerves’. “The occipital nerves are two pairs of nerves (the lesser and greater occipital nerves) that originate in the area of the second and third vertebrae of the neck.” High blood pressure too gives similar symptoms.  
You have not mentioned a CT scan or a MRI. Maybe these should be done at second or third vertebrae level. MRI will also catch an aneurism (aneurysm) at the vertebral portion of carotid artery.
Please consult a doctor and one by one rule out the possibilities. Maybe you should see an orthopedic doctor. Please let me know if there is anything else.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank