Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

neck pain

i have been hurting in my neck for a few days and shoulder. it has moved from my left to my right side? what is wrong with me?
u should see the doctor
yes, you should go to your doctor...could be anything from a strained muscle to maybe even whiplash if you've had any trauma or car accident to it.

what happened to you?
it just started hurting one day then quit for like 2 days and then started again
it can be due to strained muscle or cervical spondilitis. It can be due to prolonged sitting in a stooped posture like when working on a computers for long hours. You need to get a x-ray or MRI upper spine to rule out these conditions.
Apply warm compresses on the area and take some over the counter anti-inflammatory pain killer like Iburpofen after consulting your doctor. Application of topical muscle relaxants will also help. It is also better if you correct any posture imbalances that you may have, whether in a sitting posture or in a standing posture and use a correct size pillow.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I do have a back problem and when i went to my pain doctor monday he said it could be related to my back problem or i could have a problem in my neck as i do my back. it hasnt been hurting as bad lately but if it continues to hurt i will probably consult another dr. i really appreciate your help. it really helped me.