nee help!
Hi, my friend has fever and cough n cold. Though the fever is not above 100 but there is intense shivering. The doctor says its viral but such shivering is happening for the first time. Please suggest what it can be. Thanks
is could be bcoz of the viral it make the person weak that why may be she is having shivering.
Sounds like a viral infection, which can cause shivering/chills.  This should be temporary and pass.  Not much one can do for a viral infection except treat the symptoms and wait for it to pass.  Just tell her/him to keep a close eye on her/his temp.  

How long has your friend been ill?  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, viral fever can cause intense shivering. The other possibility is malaria. However since your friend has cough and cold, it is most likely viral. The shivering starts when a person is about to break into fever.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!