nerve or muscle twitches
I am a healthy female of 39 yrs.  All of a sudden, I'm sitting and I can feel strong nerve changes in my upper leg.  It's like a throbbing (no pain) but is occurring 5 times a day over 3 days,,,,,, what is this?  I have for years suffered from eye twitches that seem similar.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Hence if you take alcohol or coffee then cut this down. Sleep at regular hours and see if it helps. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes or hypothyroidism can also be the cause. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.