Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
night sweats/abdominal pain & swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

night sweats/abdominal pain & swelling

My abdomen has swollen although I have not gained a whole lot of weight. The best way I describe it to my friends is I can stand in the mirror and put one hand on top and one hand on bottom like pregnant women to for pregnancy pictures.
Sunday I woke up soaking wet. I did not wake up in the middle of the night because I was hot, That night when I went to bed the mattress was still wet.
Early Wednesday morning I woke up with severe abdominal pain. I layed awake for 2 hours and I was rolling around in the bed trying to stretch my whole body and moaning in pain. It felt like I was in labor and I thought really that I had food poisoning. The cramps got better later during the day but I would still experience discomfort. It continued yesterday and today and my abdomen is tender.
Thursday morning I woke up soaked. I had fallen asleep with my phone in my bed and the sweat had completely killed my phone. There was even condensation behind the screen.
This afternoon I took a nap at 230 and before I fell asleep I had sleep paralysis for the first time which was the most terrifying experience in my life but probably has nothing to do with anything.

Maybe everything is just coincidental.
Bless your heart. I have similar symptoms without the excessive sweating. Have you seen a doctor about this? Currently my abdominal pain is undiagnosed. This is what I have done to help the swelling and pain. Most of the time it has no rhyme or reason, but it does seem to help a little. Eat smaller portions, do not eat very spicy food, cut back on caffeine and nicotine if you use those. My bowel movements were unconsistent and would either be diarreah (diarrhea) or constipation, so my physician put me on Bentyl to regulate them and it has helped some. I would definately make an appointment with a physician to see what they suggest. Best of luck to you.
Yikes. That sounds systemic and may be a parasite. You can get that from alot of things...travel, food, pets, insect bites so it is common. Definitely see your Doc because it may get worse ;< *hugs*
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I haven't been eating anything different than I usually do. I did eat steak the night I got the bad cramps and thought it was the red meat but this was a dinner function with prepared food and I normally eat my steak very rare and this was medium well so I don't think that would have done it. It still hurts today.
I'm just weird of going to the doctor because I don't want to be a hypochondriac....although I know that I am.
The sleep paralysis is what actually really scared me because the hallucinations made me think I was really going crazy until I researched it and found out that it is actually really common and why those things happen. I think that was just a random occurence.
During the day I am not sweating any more than usual it's just those crazy night sweats.
One thing that I was worried about was ovarian cancer (leave it to me to take it to the extreme) but I read that it can cause night sweats, abdominal pain, and several survivors had listed "pregnant belly" as a symptom too. I was considering taking a home pregnancy test as I read that if those read a false positive it can point to ovarian cancer.
If you truly suspect cancer you should see your ob/gyn for a check up. Usually, ovarian cancer runs in families. several things can cause severe bloating like that. It could be an infection in your intestines or you may have gi problems. Like what I said earlier mine has no rhyme or reason, but minimizing food that is hard to digest has kept the flare ups at a minimum. My stomach expands looking as if I am 6 months pregnant, but then goes back down, etc...I would see a doctor that you trust. The thing about hypochondriacs is that they have invisible symptoms such as pain, if you are truly swelling then it is actually happening. Taking a picture before and after with a measuring tape around your waist may make you feel better. Good luck.