Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
no medical insurance and worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

no medical insurance and worried

i have gained 30 lbs in the past 6 weeks have swollen lymph nodes under ears and candida on tongue low energy have been drinking heavy for the past year age 42 never had any other health problems had a lot of stress dealing with my teenage son after his mom died from cancer a couple years ago i have also had a bad problem with sleep apnea since gaining the weight have to sleep sitting up at times
You could have a thyroid problem. Rapid weight gain usually indicates a low metabolism, unless your diet is terrible, but that much weight in that short of time, I would think would indicate something else. That candida is just a symptom of another problem, which could be the heavy alcohol use. Please, for the sake of you son, and for yourself, stop drinking. It is only making things worse for both of you, and could also be part of your son's problems. It is important that you get help for both of you, and you do need medical attention. Start by contacting your local Social Services and see if there is medical assistance available. Also, many medical facilities offer assistance for people on low incomes, and/or, without insurance. Contact them and see if they have something you can apply for. In my clinic, it's called, Community Care. Good luck and I hope that things get better for you. God Bless.
Alchol will catch up with you....start taking a detox liver tea.  Start your morning out with a mixture of beet juice, cucumber and carrot juice.  User a blender - you can use borscht (low sugar) for beets.  Take tumeric, and drink ginger tea.  Alma is something else you want to look into.  Bromelein will bring down some of the swelling.  If I were to guess you probably have acites (ascites) forming in your body which is the weight you see...probably a liver issue.  STOP DRINKING NOW.  Get online and look at homepathic ways to help yourself.
Try to find a free clinic or state funded hospital where you live and seek help.
I have stopped the drinking on my own and I was reading about the liver detox. Should I do a first time cleanse (capsules) or the liver cleanse(capsules) or both at the same time. Also, is the tea better than the capsules or could I do the first time cleanse capsules with the liver detox tea? Do you recommend any particular brand or does this one I found online see m to be suffice? Thank you so much for the advice.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=335373&catid=183264
You should be consulting with a dr about possible causes of weight gain, dependency issues, and all other symptoms you may be having. Get some blood tests to check your liver health, and see how your changing lifestyle and not drinking will affect your liver health as well. There could be other underlying issues that need to be addressed that a liver cleanse will not rectify...just be cautious about self-treating...when you have health issues and warning signs are there s dr can recommend proper treatment...you could be prolonging a diagnosis of something much more serious by using drug store remedies that may or may not be your issue.

Just suggestion to do your best to consult with a dr before starting any regimen, whether it's diet or exercise, cleanses...and research effects. NOt all cleanses do what they claim.

Just a humble opinion...I hope it all works out for you and your son...sounds like you both need some professional councelling...some of the suggestions about how and where to turn when you have no insurance are good ones. There are programs and resources for people that need help. Don't jump to any rash decisions when you are feeling overwhelmed and anxious and end up making the wrong decision in the long run while trying to find a quick fix.

Take care...
I quit drinking about a week ago, but when I sleep at night I wake up coughing up a little blood sometimes. It's kind of a rusty color and burns my throat. Not a lot just a little.
I have also been waking up at night coughing up a little bit of blood a rusty color. My son recently went off for 28 days to a wonderful Christian center and got counseling and now he is a new young man. He used to blame me I think for his mom's death although she died from colon cancer at age 40. He was really mean to me and it depressed me really bad, but now he treats me wonderfully. He's afraid now that he might lose me too. I'm going to go to the local hospital emergency room in a couple days. Does it mean something really bad is wrong with me cause I have been waking up tasting blood? I was drinking vodka, but I quit about a week ago and I was eating fast food 3-4 times a day. Alcohol gives me an incredible appetite and I was eating till I almost got sick after drinking. I know my metabolism is low because I just sit at home at my desk working on my grad school classes online. Thank you.
Hi, if you've damaged some blood vessels in your esophagus (could be from drinking and/or lifestyle) and they are irritated then you could be getting the taste or coughing up the blood. This is also a sign that there could be something more serious, like the liver is injured and blood is backing up and damaged blood vessels causing the blood vessels in the liver to become blocked and so the blood backs up and puts pressure on the blood vessels outside the liver, called esophageal varices and these can begin to hemorrhage...fast food and alcohol, wow, what a combination...it is a lifestyle very hard on your liver, even just eating fast food alone on a regular basis will begin to damage the liver and cause it to lose function, so please go and get it checked as soon as possible, and get liver enzymes tests, complete blood tests, perhaps a ultrasound to see if liver is enlarged or the pancreas, as that can become damaged with a bad lifestyle and then leaves a person vulnerable to diabetes...so get them to check your glucose and blood sugars and cholesterol at the same time. At least you can rule some things out early on.

But don't delay, your body gives you clues and lets you know warnings, and you have to listen. More damage can be done each day. I know that a person's choices even when they change those choices can come back to bite them someday, so take care of yourself. Sounds like your son had some good counseling so now it your turn.

Take care and keep in touch so we can all know how you are doing...
I have had a lot of acid reflux at night when I was drinking I would seriously overeat so hopefully it is just a little bleeding from the esophagus. If I go to my local emergency room with no insurance will they check my liver enzymes and do an ultrasound as you recommended?
Depends on the amount and types of symptoms I guess. I don't have experience with that...I live in Canada and we have health care when we go to dr or hospital...sorry can't give you any advice there...but if you're having blood coming up and abdominal pain, acid reflux...explain all the symptoms and be as specific and detailed as you can...I don't want to think that they will just dismiss you if you tell them that you eat fast food and drink, they'll give you some antacids and send you home...

I don't know what else to suggest...no experience on the insurance side of things. Is there any possibility of you getting some assistance or getting insurance of some kind?

I know my grandfather died from complications from esophageal hemorrhaging, it had to do with cirrhosis and diabetes, so I wouldn't want to scare you but this is something for sure to keep an eye on and get checked out in whatever way you can.