numb big toe(s)
i noticed that my left big toe started feeling numb but had like pins and needles in a part of the back part.  maybe a week or two later my right big toe started feeling numb too, but doesn't have the pins and needles feeling.  what could this be?

Thanks for the post.

Numbness is generally due to damage or pressure of nerves. It is accompanied by tingling and pin pricks sensation. In your case since it stared in back, the damage or pressure is probably on a spinal nerve that supplies the leg including the great toe. Numbness of the great toe is due to several causes like Lumbar spondylitis, diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, degenerative changes or tubercular involvement or mineral deposition etc on your vertebra; thus putting pressure on your spinal nerve. Multiple sclerosis and any cause of nerve injury like a fall should also be looked into.

However it is difficult to diagnose without examining. You may also need to take some blood tests to rule out diabetes, X-rays or MRI etc to reach a diagnosis. So please consult your doctor. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else.

i have got back problems already have numbness in left thigh have fibromalgia and carpal tunnel know numb big toe on right told gp haveing bloods done qand fasting glucose am worried whats wrong know with me
Welcome to the forum!
Numbness in the big toe is usually due to pinched spinal nerves. These nerves come out of the spinal canal to supply the back and legs. You must further get the back problem evaluated to know whether the nerve is being pinched or not. The nerves can also be pinched at the level of tarsal tunnel at the ankle.
Since you have carpal tunnel problem and fibromyalgia also get your thyroid, parathyroid, VitD and Vit B12 levels checked.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!
it seems as the same issue- numbness/tingly feeling in my left big toe.  i noticed it a few days ago.  it feels MUCH better WITH my shoes on, that I don't even notice it.  it's only when I'm barefoot and my toe touches the ground (or touches anything) when i notice it and it bothers me.

there are so many different suggestions (need bigger shoes, rest foot, diabetes, back nerve damage, blood clot, etc.) I don't know what to think.  I don't want to go to the doctor for a "numb toe"- especially since everyone has had different diagnoses for what seems to be the same problem.  

but i'm scared it might be something more serious that i'm ignoring.
i don't know what to do.
A related discussion, Numbness in my big toes was started.
Hi my big toe has also been numb for about a week it started when i started working as a pizza driver but i just had a c-section and ever since ive been having major back aches. Can you please tell me what this might be?