numb index and middle finger
i have had numbness, tingling , and at times small shocking feelings in my index finger and middle finger on my left hand from the nuckle up to the tip of my fingers.in certain positions it sort of hurts. what could be causing this? it has been going on for several weeks and did not accompany a injury. i am a nurse an do alot of physical work but again, no injury.
what about carpal tunnel?  Do you do alot of typing....pretty much any repetative movement can cause it.  I know some people who have had it and some of them had it in hand around thumb and forefinger.  Just a question. Pinched nerves can also cause those symptoms but not sure that it would just be in the fingers alone.  Hopefully someone else here can give you some ideas.
i do some typing...but not alot. thanks for the comment. the shocking sensation is what really freaks me out.
Generally speaking, the nerves that run into the thumb, forefinger, and middle finger run up the arm, around the elbow on the body side, and up into the lower spine in the neck.  If you have had an injury to the elbow, like hitting the "funny bone" you may have compressed the nerve, which can cause problems in the two fingers.  Carpal Tunnel Syndrome causes problems in the thumb and two middle fingers, Pain will occur across the palm,and up the thumb.  The pain weakens the grip causing you to drop things and causes pain when gripping things, typing or doing repetitive tasks.  A nerve conduction study of the affected arm and hand will diagnose this.  You will need a referral to either an orthopedist or a neurologist who specializes in this proceedure.  good luck
Get a GOOD reflexologist--by massaging (and sometimes it is painful) the corresponding area on the foot, it increases the blood flow to the inflamed area--which, in turn, oxgenates the tissues and aids in healing. Someone kept telling me this for months and I ignored them (Thinking yeah, sure--like rubbing my feet will actually do anything--since I've already been to neurosurgeons, orthosurgeons, chiropractors).

Then, once I finally went, I almost quit--after I went four times and nothing (actually the first time I came home feeling worse) so I was ready to quit. So glad I didn't--because it takes time to work out all the toxins at first--esp from all the meds of surgery. On my fifth treatment, all I can say was "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh." I felt the relief and am a loyal advocate of reflexology.

I started out in severe pain and went 3 to four times a week--then once a week--then every two--now I go once a month for maintenence and if I have a bad spell, he fits me in for an extra treatment--which isn't too often.

Also--would take some vitamin B6 and check with my GP