Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
numbness and coldness on the out side left upper leg

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For the last week I have experienced a numbness and coldness on the  out side left upper leg. The cool area seems to be real as it feels cool to the touch.
I did get a total knee replacement on that leg 1 plus years ago.
I also suffered from a lot of pain coming from that knee and hip after playing tennis. Tennis pain occurred about 6 weeks ago and the pain subsided about 3 weeks ago.
I would see a neurologist to examine for the possibility of nerve damage.  

Peripheral nerve disease can evaluated with a nerve conduction study, and central causes can necessitate an MRI.  It is possible that residual nerve damage can be a result from the surgery.  

Metabolic causes can be evaluated with thyroid and vitamin B12 tests.

These options can be discussed in conjunction with a neurologist.  

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin Pho, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
www.twitter.com/kevinmd