numbness in feet
my daughter is 15 yrs old, for the last few weeks her feet have been turning white  and they feel numb to her.Its driving her crazy and shes afraid  theres something really wrong with her. She is otherwise physically fit and hasnt ever had any medical concerns. Anybody have any suggestions? I have no insurance, do I needed to take her to a doctor??

Numbness and tingling sensations are mostly felt on the arms and legs.They are quite common in diabetes,hypothyroidism,hypoparathyroidism,vit B 12 deficiency and compression of the nerves.

Ask your daughter to take some vit B 12 supplements for some days and see if it helps.If there is no relief then she should get get thyroid hormones evaluation done.If they are found tobe normal then reynaud’s syndrome,periphaeral vascular disease and neurological disorder like motor neuron disease,multiple sclerosis should be looked for.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case you have any additional queries