numbness in foot and inability to flex
I've had an ongoing problem for the last few months.  My right foot, only on the top, and continuing to the outside mid-thigh is numb.  I still have sensations, hot/cold, pressure, but it's almost like a novacaine shot wearing off.  About a month ago a new problem presented itself, I cannot flex my right foot up, down is no problem.  My foot has been slightly swollen for a couple of months now.  

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
What you have is probably “sleeping foot” or “paresthesia”. It is caused by a block in the nerve pathways or arteries. This prevents the electrochemical impulses from reaching the brain. When pressure is exerted on a foot or leg in one position over a long period of time, it can compress arteries in that area. Once the limb is moved, blood returns to the area, which results in the “pins and needles” feeling. Peroneal Nerve Palsy, also called “footdrop,” or inability to flex the foot occurs when the nerve is damaged at the lower part of the knee. The commonest causes are habitual leg crossing, wearing tight shoes, history of fracture of fibula head, history of knee surgery or use of a tight plaster.
Hope this helps. Consult a neurologist please. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.