numbness in hands and feet
I am 50 year old male.  Several months ago I started experiencing  numbness and tingling sensations all over my body but mainly in my hands and feet.  The worst being in the hands and the last three fingers.  It is really bad at night and wakes me up numerous time.s  It has progressively been getting worse.  After the numbness goes away I have pain while moving my fingers and/or toes.  I also feel weakness in the muscles of my legs and arms.   I have thought maybe diabetes or MS but I have no other symptoms of either.   I do not have health insurance as I have been unemployed now for over a year so I cannot go to the doctor.  Any  adeas what could be going on?
Dear jaj820. I am not a health care professional, so it may be best to call a free health hotline in your area. Please call a free clinic in your area.  I can relate to being unemployed. Laid off (company shut down in 2008).  
Just a thought, but I myself am Diabetic. I have numbness and tingling in my toes. Mine is caused by Diabetic neuropathy. I have needle poking pain with burning sensation. It can be very painful. Just two cents, I agree with Raven48670, Try and find yourself a free clinic. I hope you find an answer and feel better soon.
I also have extreme pain in my feet due to Diabetic neuropathy.  I can't understand how your feet can feel numb, yet hurt so bad.  It feels as though my feet were doused with gas and set on fire.  Definitely have your blood sugar checked.  Good luck.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Numbness and tingling of hands and feet can happen due to peripheral vascular disease or disorder of the circulatory system outside of the brain and heart. Other causes are hypothyroidism, eating disorders like anorexia, Vit B12 deficiency, Lyme’s disease, Addison’s disease, adrenal causes like pheochromocytoma, anemia, Buerger’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and Raynaud’s disease. You will need some tests like treadmill test, color Doppler, angiography, ultrasonography and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
Numbness and tingling in sleep predominantly during sleep can  also be a sleep disorder. Take care!