Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
numbness on left side of head/ head pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hey everyone, for the past three days ive been feeling really weird and tired.. i have this numb feeling on the left side of my face that comes and goes and gives me really bad headaches especially when i wake up in the morning.. i have problems with my sinuses and still waiting for doctors to get back to me on that, my head feels really warm for some reason and im not sure if it has to do with my sinuses.. i also been having problems with my left ear and it starting poping out of no where a couple days ago.. my ear and the left side of my neck kinda seems swollen .. does anyone know what this might be??  im not likeing this numbness/head pain
There are many conditions that could result in facial numbness.  The first I thought of was the onset of Bells Palsy.   However, any numbness, headaches on one side of your face needs immediate doctor's attention.   The other conditions that I mentioned above include: Stroke, Ear infection or disease, Brain tumor, Shingles, chickenpox, mumps, mono, Lyme disease, and syphilis.  If you have had a history of severe cold sores, these can also enter those nerve tracts and result in pain and numbness.  This can result in Bells Palsy.   Go to your doctor ASAP.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Common cold, sinusitis, ear infection, sensory nerve compression, peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes, inflamed wisdom tooth, impacted wisdom tooth, dental caries, etc  can all cause facial numbness and pain. They can also cause ear numbness that spreads to face.
Hemi facial numbness is also seen in Bell’s palsy, trigeminal neuralgia where a spasm may cause numbness, or due to acoustic neuroma which is a benign tumor of the eighth cranial nerve.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please discuss these possibilities with an ENT doctor.
Take care!
i went to the doctors today and he said i have some irretation in my inner ear.. but this pain comes up my neck sometimes too.. he gave me some ear drops but i used them before and they didnt work as i told him. The pain in my head doesnt stay there all the time it comes and goes so i cant be anything serious i dont think? like a growing anyeurism you would feel that and a tumour.. i had an MRI done a few months ago but i think im gonna go about seeing an ENT doctor.. do you guys know how to book an app with one of those? i dont really want to ask my doctor because i asked for him to send me to one of those doctors and he said that i didnt need too.. i think its about time i change doctors !!
I was going to say something about the inner ear; but deleted it.    The facial nerve runs along side the auditory nerve - thus, that can create those symptoms.  Anyway, depending on your insurance, you either get a referral from your family doctor or just call them yourself.  Good Luck.
is there anything i should do to help this inner ear situation?
I would probaly go see the ENT to determine what the exact problem that you're experiencing.