Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
occas inability to take a deep breath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

occas inability to take a deep breath

Thanks for your attention...  for the past month I get the sensation or need to take a deep breath... it feels like I am making th effort to expand my chest to get that full breath in... sometimes I am not able to take that satisfying breath and I become uncomfortable.  Aspirin relieves (not removes) the symptoms.  A reputable pulmonary specialist states he hasn't heard of this and if the symptoms continue I should be checked for rheum related issues.  Any ideas???
sORRY TO HEAR YOU are going thru this..I think the best thing for you is to have a PULMONARY STRESS TEST...THIS WILL give the DR feedback as to your present LUNG capacity.....as a precaution...

I worked for a Cardiologist, and when patients where having breathing problems, this would be our first recomendation diagnosic tool to have the patient have so the DR can determine the health state of your breathing system..specially if you are a smoker...

hope this helped you..
take care...
Have u heard of pluracy? It's when the sack around ur lungs fill with water and put pressure on u lungs
You have stale air in your lungs. Follow this kapalbhati pranayam to expel the stale air and then do some deep breathing.The body is asking for fresh air(oxygen), but you need to expel the carbon dioxide first.
Kapalbhati pranayam -(Do it before eating)
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second.(Less force than blowing your nose). Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
February 20 ,2012