Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
on and off fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

on and off fever

hi just want to ask had a high fever reaches 38.8 after taking paracetamol i start felling fine after 4-6 hours i start to fell so cold again and when cheking my temperature its 38. something and sometimes reaches 39 i had this for 3 days already i also had a cough  what should be the best thing to do?
hope someone can advise tnx

This discussion is related to My temperature has been fluctuating for a couple days.
    It sounds like you have a virus or a bacterial infection.  When you have a fever it means your body is trying to heal itself.
     I really think you need to see your doctor to find out where the infection is.
     it could be a bladder infection, or your sinuses or anything else.  
     Are you in pain?  Does it burn to urinate?  Do you have a bug bite?  Do you have nausea?   This is something you will have to tell your doctor.

Wishing you the best...
You definately have something going on. It sounds like it might be the flu. Do you have any body aches?
Hi Abby, Paracetamol (Tylenol) effect only lasts 4 hours, so if you have the Flu, you will need to take it every 4 hours till it stays down..  Do you have cough and colds ? Can you breathe easily ? When you're feverish, you could use and keep cold damp towel to your forehead and keep taking your Paracetamol. Rest and sleep  is best and take plenty of fluids. Calamansi juice but not too sugary ( sugar is bad for colds)  and  Chicken soup is great to clear the chest. Don't over wrap yourself as this will even raise up your temperature. Is Oil of Oregano available in the Phil. ? You could take those   for 3-4 days.. If your temp. goes up to 39.5 , its better to see  your Doctor. Keep your cold damp cloth to your head and forehead to keep it down.
Take care. I wish you well..