Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
paain under left breast on top of rib

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

paain under left breast on top of rib

I have had the flu this year the first time ever I am 46 years old, during the flu I had a hard time breathing my doctor gave me a breathing machine, I then developed strep throat I am over this a long with the coughing I hadd. But now I have had this pain under my left breast it seem to be on top of the upper rib, it is a little swollen, I thought at first I bruised a rib but I have had not bruising. It hurt when I move or have my bra on, it hurts to the tough or pressing on it. If I cough it hurts worse.  Not sure what is going on started to go to the hospital this weekend but decided against it been putting warm compresses on it. Lost and do not know what to do.
Tags: top, ribs, Breast, Pain, left
Hello!
Sometimes the flu progresses to pneumonia and causes a spot in the lung, or on the lung/chest wall to become infected...Please see your doc about this asap and get a chest xray...Hopefully, it is nothing more than some swollen lymph nodes doing double duty...
hi, i am having some pain under my left breast seems like it is right /next to my ribs, i cant hardly touch it, it started this afternoon /07/31/08 i woke up to get ready for work this morning, and stood up and dribbled my pants, i know i have a weak bladder but come on, i couldnt stop it, but anyway i get to work, and i ate a sub for lunch, then i went back to work, and had to go to the bathroomreally bad,well i didnt make it, i ended up poopin my pants, how embarrassing is that, but after i went home and cleaned up and went back i felt like ****, but the left side under my breast started to hurt really bad, so if anyone can help me and let me know what they think it is i would appreciate it, thank you lilmissyh

How are you?
It is quite possible that you are suffering from costochondritisor inflammation of the cartilage that connects the rib to the breast bone.
It is very common in women over 40 and usually causes difficulty in breathing, pain and tenderness, and pain while coughing.
The exact diagnosis can be made only after clinical examination. Please consult your physician. In the meantime you can take OTC NSAIDS for pain and swelling. Take care!