Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain all over and sore throat

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

pain all over and sore throat

i have been feeling very achy and bad for about 2 yrs. In the past 2 months it has gotten almost unbareable. I  also have a sore throat on the right side and swollen gland in my neack right below my chin that has started in the last month.I am on meds for high blood pressure and acid reflux.I have been to the dr and he has done a thyroid, testoserone, liver and kidney blood test on me. Everything came back fine. Sent me to sleep clinic and found out i have severe sleep apnea.So im on a cpap. Sent me to ent and he sad i have a swollen salava gland and changed my reflux med to prolacec . He said alot of ppl here in the south have the swollen gland it was norman cause of weather here.I am a small bussiness owner and it is affecting my work. Realy need to know what is wrong. Can anyone help?
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have chronic sore throat and you have been feeling low for almost 2 years and all other tests are normal, then you should test for EBV infection or infectious mononucleosis. Another possibility is tuberculosis. Chronic streptococcal infection (can be known by a throat swab) causing bone and heart disease is a possibility too.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!