pain behind the knee, travels into back of thigh
For the past few days i've had pain that comes and goes behind my knee area.  It will sometimes travel into the back of my thigh or in my calf.  I think i've had it in the past, but it would only last a few minutes, but this time, it's been going on 4 days.

It almost feels like a vein pain or a tendon pain.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and they did an ultrasound to check for blood clots and they didn't find any.  They said they found a small sack of fluid and decided it was probably Bakers Cyst.

I did some research and i really doubt that that is what i have.  I have NO lump or bump behind my knee.  THe pain is a throbbing pinching pain.  (maybe even a pinched nerve)?  It is worse when i am sitting for long periods and then stand to walk.  I'll have to limp for less than a minute, and then it will go away on its own (for a bit).

I guess i'd like to know your opinions on what else it could be?  Sometimes it feels like pressure, other times burning..it's very odd.

Thank you.
also, i should add that on the inner side of that knee/thigh area, the veins look funny.  And i can actually see them, but on my left leg, i cannot.

I played tennis a few weeks ago, as well as i speed walk occasionally and ride my bike and use my elipitcal machine (all occasionally).  I also use a thigh master (maybe that pinched a nerve?)
I have had a similar pain on the inner side of my right knee.
I played tennis a couple days ago and walk the dog regularly.  
The pain has happened for 2 days now, but only 5-10 times.  

It seems to happen randomly.  The pain starts softer and becomes very painful.  But it only lasts a few seconds and then goes away. I don't see any veins there and I haven't been to the doctor.
There are lymph nodes behind the knee. Mine are swelling to the point I cannot get up and down without substantial pain. I just finished 2 weeks of Lymph-edema Therapy and a Lymphocintigraphy exam. My feet and legs were substantially reduced quickley but the swelling behind the knee persisted until the last day. The Therapist I saw on the last day siad she wanted to try something non tradional and it helped. She had  me do stretching exercises based on Pilates. I now do these daily.
Did you ever get an answer or diagnosis on the knee pain?  What you describe in your email from 7/06 is exactly the symptoms I am experiencing now, for approx the last 2 weeks.  Any additional information you can provide would be helpful. Thank you
I have had the same exact symptoms, starting 1/2 year ago.

Mine were due to flights, car trips.  Then one day on treadmill, my calf hurt greatly and I noticed a varicose-type vein.  Because of flights, had ultrasound for DVT, but no result.  Lately, I have been having problems in that the bottom of my feet are almost puffy which can cause pain when I walk.  The puffiness seems to bulge out when I am in the shower, believe it or not, and hurts more.  I went for a physical a few weeks ago, due to this, and my blood pressure had risen significantly in the last several months and my LDL had risen from 73 to 149 in that time!  Those I can control, but I want to make sure that they are not related to something else.  My main concern is from where does the puffiness in feet come?
I've had pain and swelling in my left calf behind my knee for more than a year.I have had an ultrasound, and the results were normal. The swelling comes and goes along with the pain. The pain is sharp stabbing throbbing pains along with pressure and feeling of tightness. What could this be?
I also have this pain behind the knee comes and goes and now i feel it in the back of my thigh but it comes and goes and can be in the knee or back of my thigh
i have had cramping/achey like feelings behind knees goes in top calf and inner thigh
when stressed gets worse.
had nerve test it was normal
doc says i am to young for him to do ultrasound (38)
had high chol and bp for 8yrs
this has been going on for 6 months
what to do?
asprin and stretches i guess
Hey it def sounds like you have venous reflux. Google it. I had those same pains starting 2 yrs agao when I was 28. I had full ultra sounds on both legs. I had no visible varicose veins but I had the reflux which causes and leads to varicose veins. You need to get another doctor and have a ultra sound. Look in the phone book for someone who does vnus closure. That is the procedure to close the veins that are refluxing. If they offer that then they will know more about veins and will ultra sound you. You need to tell them all your symtoms.