pain behing my knee could this be a blood clot or a thrombosis???help!! please
i really need some help, i am 14 and am a smoker..ashamed of it and trying to quit, recently though i have had a pain behind my knee and i am constantly worrying that this could be a blood clot. any ideas? someone please help me im really worried. i am the right weight for my height and age so i am really stuck and worried please please help me. any help would be very much appreciated, thanx to all that help.
Hi sweetheart. I doubt that you have thrombosis and yes you should quit smoking its not good for your health. You may have pulled a muscle behind the knee or something like that. I doubt very much its related to you smoking tobacco! If the pains bad you need to see your family Dr. You dont necessarily have to mention smoking to your parents but guess what they will probably know anyway.  You should talk to someone close to you and get your knee looked at. Good Luck .
crystaly is right.  You should do both - talk to your parents.  If you are really determined to quit smoking, they can be a big, big help. If for no other reason than a guilt trip : )  Also, usually, parents want to know when their child is having a problem.  Why carry so much adult weight on your mind and shoulders when you don't have to?  If your parents aren't the caring type, then talk to someone close to you who is.  Even if it's a school counselor, teacher, other family member.  Doesn't matter.  You do NOT have to face your concerns alone.  Your knee - are you athletic?  Have you recently done any physical activity you don't usually do?  You may have strained the knee, bumped it, or over used the muscles if you have done any of this.  Have you taken Tylenol for pain?  Did it help?   Is there swelling?    You can try alternating ice packs and heating pad    using each for about 20 min.   a couple times per day.   Don't try to shut your folks out.  You are a teen, you are growing up, and there will come a day when you won't always need your parents.  Right now just isn't it.  ANd believe it or not, the older you get, the more you will realize that your parents aren't such bad people!!!
hey thanx everyone for the help...actually my parents know i smoke and are trying to help me. i may have done it with athletic stuff but im not sure its been so long now, i dont really speak to my dad and my mom has been so pre-occupied with this new job and she isnt the most helpful person in the world so i thought id ask you, you have all been a wonderful help and if anything else like this happens again, il know who to ask. thankyou so much yu have really helped me :D (})xxxxx
Hi there
If the pain behind your knee feels like a hot searing coal against your leg, then you definitely have a clot.  There is a very simple way of checking for clots with a Duplex Doppler machine, similar to a scan.  Please stop smoking now as you do not want to get a lung disease!  Good luck.