pain in back on left side below shoulder blade
I have pain in my back, below my left shoulder blade, when i breath in it gets worse, never really had this problem before. I am pregnant so i am a little worried, i am also a smoker but have really cut down since i found out i was pregnant. Any suggestions as to what i need to do and why it is there?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Pain under the left shoulder blade is usually a referred pain from abdomen like stomach ulcers, pancreatitis, or ectopic pregnancy or from the chest like in heart attack, pericarditis, pleuritis, pneumonia, pulmonary embolus, and aortic dissection. Since you are pregnant, the first thing is to rule out ectopic pregnancy. Acidity too could be the cause for pain as it is common to have acidity in pregnancy especially if you smoke.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!