Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain in center of torso

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

pain in center of torso

I have a pain directly at the bottom of the ribcage in the center of the torso.  It is above where my stomach is and below the chest cavity.  It is fairly acute, but over the past several days I have noticed some tightening of my chest.  No upper chest pain or pain down my left arm.  Any ideas?
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Pain under the ribcage in the middle of the torso could be due to esophageal reflux (GERD), where the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. Another possibility is hiatal hernia, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm. This causes acidity like symptoms and burps too. Cough or heart problems such as heart attack too cause discomfort in this area. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. I would strongly recommend you see a physician about this. Take care!