Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain in knee and numbness in left leg

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

pain in knee and numbness in left leg

I had a surgery done 2yrs. ago in my left knee n still is suffering with pain and now suffering with numbness. I had x-rays done,MRI, they said that i had a dislocated kneecap and so i had the surgery done and the problem is still there..My question is what could it be ? n what do u suggest that i do ? Is there other testing that can be done?
Please help me..
1 Comment
Avatar dr m tn

The symptoms of knee pain and numbness can be due to the complications of surgery for dislocated knee cap.Sometimes after the surgery,loss of full range of movement and knee arthrofibrosis can occur which can cause considerable pain and stiffness.Numbness can be due to entrapment of a nerve or compression of nerve.I would suggest an MRI knee after consulating an orthopedician.

Regards and pls do keep me posted.