Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain in my right shoulder and arm and neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For four years I have had unbelieveable pain in my right arm, shoulder and neck which is getting worse every day I have been prescribed all sorts of pills (which I have now stopped taking as all they did was make me gain nearly 3 stone in just under a year) I have had MRIs, nerve conduction tests, xrays and no one can tell me why this is happening to me! I feel so annoyed that no one can help me. I also paid £1800 for an operation for carpel tunnel which I now believe I didn't need. My symptoms now seem to be spreading to my other arm. I can't hold my arm out for long or above my head as it feels like all the blood has drained instantly or drive my car with two hands it feels like the onset of pins and needles 24/7 I can't travel for too long as I end up in unbearable pain I drop things all the time can't grip things properly the pain when I move my arm feels like it is pinching a nerve, my shoulder seems to pop alot and I have now noticed my muscles have started to spasm every now and then. the pain is 24/7 and I've just had enough of being told they don't know what it is! I have been told artritus, cervical rib, carpel tunnel and now bulging nerves what ever they may be.
It would not hurt for you to see a holistic chiropractor...one who includes whole body health, not just bone alignment.  I've had the same type of pain you're describing only not as bad as yours. My DC found an underlying systemic infection and found that my C-1 vertebrae was subluxated (slightly out of place) and putting pressure on certain nerves.

The pain in my arm and wrist was due to the alignment of the vertebrae between my shoulder blades also being subluxated. I'm not saying this IS your case, but it is a possibility worth looking into. My DC gave me a few subsequent adjustments and stretches to do and I have not had that pain in my arm and wrist since. I am currently however getting help with my C-1 which makes my neck and shoulder pain go away, while the adjustment holds. I go back on Wednesday again. I can actually feel, with my fingers, that it is out of place again. It's from the way I've been sitting at my computer. I have to change the configuration of my station so I can sit correctly.

Good luck.
thanks for that I really appreciate any help. I will be looking for a holistic chiropractor in my area. thanks again.
Donna also see a physical therepist. Does it hurt more in the night when you sleep? Is your movement being restricted?  Can you wash you hair or put your bra on behind your back? I can not and they recently said I have Frozen Shoulders. It still hurts like hell I mean really hurts but they are working with me now.
I have same symptoms - been told probably shoulder impingement - had 2 cortisone injections, loads of pills, nothing worked - now doing physiotherapy and if that doesn't work been told surgery may be required. If you 'google' shoulder impingement it will show all the symptoms (same as yours!)