pain in my side
I woke up a couple of days ago with a sharp pain around 5-6 rib on my right side just below my breast. I get the same pain sensation when i palpate it and if I move certain ways. The sharp pain usually hits when I bend over or bend to the right side. Wondering if I need to go to Dr. or wait it out to see if it goes away.  Never had this pain before.
You may have strained ir pulled a muscle in the rib cage...it can be very painful, and the dr can assess the situation, let you know what you need to do to treat it...if that is the case. It takes a long time to heal...I don't remember how I did mine, I only remember the dr telling me that it's worse than a broken rib. Depends on the severity of the strain...

Just a possible cause, there could be others. Always a good idea to get dr opinion and exam if pain persists over the weekend and gets worse, or doesn't resolve. Make any appt to be on the safe side. No one here is qualified to make an online diagnosis. Just suggestions.

Take care and hope it turns out well. Let us know what happens.
You should got to a DR to be seen I had some right sided pain in the area near my ribs and ended up needing to have something removed
By sharp, do you mean you can localize it? Do you drink alcohol often? Could be irritated liver or maybe gallstones but if you are sure it is more sharp than diffuse pain then it is most likely a muscle or rib injury.I'm guessing it is painful to breathe? It is always safer to get it checked out.